Wednesday, December 2, 2015

CLUCK! MOO! VROOOM!

 
It's Day 2 of Cheryl Sleboda's 31 day blog writing challenge and look-eee what I finished up!  I found these beaded cross stitch kits manufactured by Mill Hill back in the spring.  They reminded me so much of my Farmer Gram that I just had to make them.  The kits come with magnets, but to turn them into tree ornaments, I simply added cording made from embroidery floss, mounted them to bitty black canvases, and added buttons.   

 
One thing to know about me is that my hands are rarely, if ever, still.  I'm always working on something.  That can be as much a curse as it is a blessing.  No matter my desire to rest, my mind is forever racing back to the current project or the next 10 I'm going to tackle and I just have to get busy!  (The need to create is strong with this one.) 
 
 
In any case, working mindlessly on predesigned kits are about as near to chill and zoned out as I get.  It's a nice departure from planning every step of a project.  Here, most of the design work is done for me.  Although, now that they're finished and hanging on my tree, you know what?  I think I'll close up shop to sit and stare at them amid the twinkling lights.  Toodles!
 

No comments: