Thursday, December 3, 2015

SCRAPPY DOO

 
Annually, the Stairwell Gallery in Bloomsburg, PA hosts a "Cash & Carry" show from mid-November through December.  Work can be purchased and removed from the wall immediately with 80% going to the artist and 20% going to the gallery.  These fifteen art quilts were made for this year's event.
 
 
It was a scrappy affair all the way around.  I raided my anally organized scrap stash (everything is separated into different containers by color) and pieced at random. 
 
 
I had a blast watching the compositions come together and it was SEW FREEING not conforming to a master plan of attack!
 
 
This is what I came up with!
 
 
I "whipped" up some binding...
 
 
...and mounted the work to canvas boards before placing them in clear envelopes.  I was interviewed by the local press regarding my participation in the show.  And you know what else?  Eleven of the fifteen pieces have already sold!  Ra-Ra-Reee!  Gooo me!
 

No comments: