Saturday, August 4, 2012

PIE IN THE SKY


It has taken nearly 10 years for this piece to really see the light of day.  I daresay I've almost been hiding her.  I still feel a pang when I look at her and especially when I read what she has to say.  Nonetheless, I finally drug her out and hung her in a public place.  I even put a price on her.  Having grown lonesome lying beneath a stack of newer, "lighter" quilts, she's looking for a new home.  She needs someone to love her as much as I do.  But you must be kind to her.  She comes from a very sensitive place.  I hope she softens you toward the world.  I hope she brings you a tender feeling.

 You are my North, my South, my East and West - my working week and my Sunday rest - my noon, my midnight, my talk, my song.  (Adapted from W.H. Auden)

 When I'm alone with only dreams of you that won't come true, what'll I do?

 There's a silence between us and there's so much to say.

 Every breath of who you are tells a story that I love.

Lots of salacious 'S' words:  Sensational.  Seductive.  Submissive.  Sweet.  Silly.  Sly.  Sensual.  Sexy.


Love is just a lie made to make you blue.  Love hurts.

No comments: