Thursday, January 24, 2013

WHEN I'M GONE

I don't know how I missed this one from Joey & Rory last year, but oh my goodness!
 
 
A bright sunrise will contradict the heavy fog that weighs you down

In spite of all the funeral songs, the birds will make their joyful sounds

You'll wonder why the Earth still moves

You'll wonder how you'll carry on

But you'll be okay on that first day when I'm gone

Dusk will come with fireflies and Whippoorwill and crickets call

And every star will take its place in silvery gown and purple shawl

You'll lie down in our big bed

Dread the dark and dread the dawn

But you'll be alright on that first night when I'm gone

You will reach for me in vain, you'll be whispering my name
 
As if sorrow were your friend and this world so alien

But life will call with daffodils and morning glorious blue skies

You'll think of me - some memory, and softly smile to your surprise

And even though you love me still, you will know where you belong

Just give it time


We'll both be fine when I'm gone

No comments: