Tuesday, April 26, 2011

KID CAT

I'm not sure I should blog when I'm sooo exhausted, but perhaps I'll ramble enough to stumble upon something really enlightening.  We'll see...  One certainty is that this is the only quiet time I've had all day.  Even so, my mind seems to still be racing a million miles an hour.  What a day!  I love the sunshine, but can't Mother Nature find a happy medium?  It's either sub-zero or blistering.  Maybe that is why I love fall.  There are plenty of days when the sun is shining but it's sweatshirt weather.  I had so many things to accomplish today and it was such a workout in the heat!  I brought a few fans down from the attic to hold me over until we get the ACs put in.  Speaking of attics, I found this kid cat drawing in my granpa's attic.  It was drawn on a letter written by someone named Jonathan.  I have no idea who he is but it's far too late to ask my grandparents about him.  It was an ancient letter so he must be grown by now.  I wonder if he's still drawing.  He was off to a great start.  Kid art is absolutely the best!  It's so uninhibited by all of the things that make us jaded as we grow older.  Kids really have a way of seeing things that is totally unexpected and refreshing.  Picasso said, "Every child is an artist.  The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up."  Well, they don't call us starving artists for nothing!  He also said, "Art is a lie that makes us realize truth."  Does that reinforce the whole 'I cannot make it as an artist' mantra or what?  I create, therefore I am...broke!  I wish I had more uninterrupted time to create, but I do love it and have no plans to give it up.  And I am really looking forward to making art with the twins.  Currently, the only masterpieces they make are the ones they leave me in their diapers!  I am excited to see how they'll express themselves creatively.  Plus, I will finally be putting my art ed degree to some practical use.  Finn & Faye:  A sign-up sheet for Mommy's Art Class is now posted on the fridge.  As soon as you can crawl out there and reach it, be sure to sign up!

No comments: