Wednesday, February 2, 2011

FALL 2010 ART VENTURES

Although August's ArtFest was a no-go for this new Mommy (it was a little TOO soon after the twins) I was still plenty busy last fall. Here's a quick re-cap and I promise to do a better job of updating the blog in 2011!

The Stabley's Studio Sale. I spent a great weekend with the Stableys (and all their friends) in October. Their studio is located near the state game lands and, need I say, it was beautiful. Falling leaves...brisk air...art. Lovely.

Twin Covered Bridges in Forks. As far as the artists go, this was a small, intimate affair with the quaint twin bridges for a backdrop and I had the opportunity to spend a beautiful fall day outdoors.

TreeFest. My 2010 theme was: A Sweet Country Christmas. My theme for 2011: Alice in Winter Wonderland. I am (believe it or not) already in the planning and production stages for the Alice tree. For those who aren't familiar with TreeFest, groups/organizations sponsor and decorate the trees which are first displayed and then donated to families in the area. All funds raised from admission are donated to the Bloomsburg Theater Ensemble. It's a very worthy cause. This was the second year Mock Pie Studio decorated a tree. As soon as they are able, I plan to let the twins help decorate and even help make ornaments. Wouldn't a tree decorated with their kiddie artwork interpreted in art quilts be pretty sweet?

Artspace Holiday Sale. I was accepted into Artspace Gallery in Bloomsburg last November! Artspace is a cooperative gallery and there are currently 16 members who all take turns manning it. I love spending time there. It gives Mommy the opportunity to get out alone!

No comments: