Tuesday, June 15, 2010

AMBITIOUS TO THE END

Today I started working on baby mobiles for the nursery. I've been saving these vintage wooden blocks for just this very project. With under three weeks to go until baby time, I figured it was as good a time as any to start the project. Plus, I just finished hand quilting one of the baby quilts and my right thumb is still too sore to start the second quilt right away. I needed a "breather" project.

First I had to drill holes and fit tiny screw eyes into the blocks. (Yes, Mom, I did this while in bed!)

Then I started playing around with bending wire and suspending the blocks. Turns out the small arches work just fine, but I need stronger wire to create the large arch that supports the smaller ones. Ryan picked up some heavier gauge tonight so I will give this another go tomorrow!

And look at Midgie! She has found the most comfortable spot in the nursery...the new rocker! It's all covered with her salt & pepper kitty hair! If you can't find her, I'd suggest looking here.

No comments: