Sunday, September 20, 2009

SUNFLOWERS OUT, CHRYSANTHEMUMS IN

They were beautiful, but the sunflowers weren't all I had hoped for this year. Nothing in the yard did particularly well this summer....except the mums I put out behind the garage last fall. They are starting to bloom now and are just beautiful. Ryan wanted to know why the prettiest flowers are out where we can't even see them. Point taken.

After pulling the sunflowers, I put in this perennial bed. I'm hoping that a good mulching in the spring along with watering is all they will need next year.

The birdies are reaping the benefits of my efforts by munching on this sunflower seed feast. I even caught a squirrel with an entire flower head in his mouth, trying to run up the sidewalk with it! Happy to report that he made it wherever he was going!

No comments: