Sunday, August 24, 2008

SKYSCRAPERS

They have finally arrived! They are SOOOO tall...like skyscrapers! I'm not sure how easy it is to spot in this small image, but the moon can be seen just above the second flower in from the left.
These icy, pale sunflowers recently popped out as well.

This guy is so happy just drinking up the sun!

Sadly, these fellows are done blooming. I spent some time this morning collecting the spent sunflowers so I could lay them out to dry. Not all is lost. I'll put them out during the winter months so that our hungry birdies will have seeds to munch.

I seem to have a lot of these purple morning glories....

...but today I noticed that a single pale blue one had bloomed!

Don't think I've photographed these yet. They're planted along the side of the house. I love the red and purple combination. Actually, it makes me want to get back to sewing (I use a lot of red and purple in my art quilts). I think the garden has been stealing my attention long enough. I'll have to wind down with the summer. Too bad autumn is on the way. I know there are plenty of mums to plant and pumpkins to carve.

No comments: