Tuesday, August 19, 2008

ARTFEST

ArtFest was such a blast! Thank you to everyone who stopped by to visit. For being the 1st Annual Art Festival, it was extremely well organized and ran very smoothly. I loved the entire experience and would do it again in a heartbeat! I am grateful to have had the opportunity to participate in an event like this. I was pleased to see the community express a genuine interest in the artists and their work. I hope this is only the beginning. I'm sure the event will grow in size and attendance in years to come.

My picture was published in the paper with an article about the ArtFest! It was accompanied by a caption that read, " Sara Mika of Catawissa, in photo above, hangs a fabric star in her tent Saturday during ArtFest on Center Street in Bloomsburg. Mika makes fabric art".

My "Why Did the Chicken Cross the Road?" art quilt was quite the crowd pleaser. After seeing people's reactions and hearing their interpretations, a more appropriate title might be "Should the Chicken Cross the Road?"

What an adorable bee! I love him! He's stuck in a paint can and is surrounded by several quilted pinwheels.

The display wall my husband built for the art quilts was amazing! It worked perfectly.

My fine art giclee prints hung on these old shutters.

I displayed several quilted postcards. Playing cards, used stamps, silk flowers and dried tea bags are some of the materials I used to make them.

These 'rooster' and 'orange star' quilts are two of the first I ever made.

I hung the more traditional quilts along with vintage quilt block pillows using clothespins on a line we strung around the tent.

Here are the fiber stars we hung from the roof of the tent. We looped fishing line around the support poles.
Isn't "Peck" precious?

The whole set up...

Here's a shot of the view down Center Street. You can see the theater and the art galleries in the background.

Some of my favorite people stopped by for a surprise visit! Here are two of them devouring yummy orange push up pops!

No comments: