Tuesday, July 1, 2008

WORTH WAITING FOR



Yippee!!! It's finally done! The baby shower quilt turned 1st birthday gift, was finished with only about an hour or two to spare. Of course I had to do plenty of hand quilting and tie funky orange buttons on. I know I was pushing it given the time constraint, but it came out great and was well received. I would say definitely worth waiting an entire year for! Now I'm moving on to Kelly's signature block quilt. All the blocks were signed at her wedding reception in June 2007. Then, I decided to free-motion stitch calla lily motifs onto nearly 100 blocks. Sometimes the designer in me isn't taking into consideration that an artist really ought to sleep once in a while! This will be a much bigger project! Kelly, you invited A LOT of people to your wedding! But at least your quilt is up next, girl! Love ya!

No comments: