Friday, June 8, 2018

1 YEAR OF STITCHES - DAY...(I HAVE SEW LOST COUNT!!!)

Anyone out there wondering what ever happened to this cute guy?  I began making him at the start of 2017, all bright and bushy-tailed, as part of the 1 Year of Stitches project.  The idea was to stitch a little bit on the same piece each day for 365 days IN A ROW.  But, as 2017 strolled along, I repeatedly put him aside for other, more pressing endeavors.  I knew this would likely happen and I was ok with it.  I'm still ok with it, which is awesome because it's now June of 2018 and he STILL isn't done!  However, if you've been following along, you can see that I HAVE made some progress!  My Sweet Bear is now completed and he has grown a Cactus Buddy...

...and Sunflowers!!!
Life just wouldn't be complete without them!!!

The flowers are being created using a picot hand embroidery stitch and pearl cotton.  They are super fun to make!

There will be three sunflowers total...that much I have decided.  I'm unsure what the rest of the piece will become, but I'm fairly certain I will eventually cover all the green felt.  I can't wait to see how it turns out!

No comments: