Friday, June 8, 2018

PREGGO NESTING DOLL...




In 2009, when I first found out I was pregnant, I proudly displayed a jar of Prego spaghetti sauce in my office and told everyone I was preggo.  I know, I know, but I'm an artist and sarcastic and I thought it was funny.  Well, the joke was on ME because one day, I had to walk into work with a SECOND jar of sauce...I was T W I N  preggo!!!  Even before my life was doubly blessed in this way, I was amazed at the female body's ability to procreate and reproduction has always been a major theme in my work.

This is the sketch for a piece I'm currently working on...a preggo Russian nesting doll.  The sketch is about 3x4".

The design as I'm transferring it to size, approximately 3x4'.

A day's worth of work...

Anyone else out there a slooow painter?  Gah!!!

In progress...more is more!

My happy place...the studio!!!


No comments: