Friday, June 8, 2018

HAND EMBROIDERY ON VINTAGE BLOCKS...


I am constantly picking up vintage blocks here, there, and everywhere.  I feel a real connection to them...even the wonky, poorly pieced ones among them.  I feel as though I can save them from abandon and make them into completed somethings that are beautiful and worthy of admiration.  In reality, I'm sure they end up vastly different from how the original creator intended them.  Even still, I like to think I am doing good deeds by breathing new life into them.

     That said, I will NEVER complete all the unfinished projects on my OWN shelves let alone those of all womankind, and I often find myself stressing about this. I wonder if one day, when I'm no longer inhabiting Earth, some woman will do the same for MY UFOs.  I know I need to learn to chill.  Like, seriously.  Simmer down, girl.  You'll do what you can and it'll be fab.
(Thanks, self.)

Stitching at the coffee shop...
I love sitting in the comfy chairs by the big windows to stitch.  My back is to the sidewalk out front, but that way passersby can look over my shoulder and see what I'm up to.  I love working there.

The back...zoinks!

At the coffee shop again...
Those are my art quilts hanging on the wall!

In all their glory...

In all my glory...

Amid nature's glory...
After the reception, I enjoyed some quiet time alone by the Susquehanna River.  Life is forever rolling right along beside her.  We each must figure out how to swim.  Personally, I need a needle and thread to stay afloat.

No comments: