Wednesday, December 21, 2011

SWEET VINTAGE FABRIC BOWLS


I made cool fabric bowls from vintage 6-pointed star blocks.  I chopped the 6 points off each block to make hexagons.  (This was a bit of a risk because the blocks were hand pieced!)  I created quilt sandwiches using stiff interfacing and several different vintage reproduction prints for the backing.  I then free-motion machine quilted each one.  After zig-zagging the edges, I hand stitched the hexagons together to form the bowls.

 

Voila!  Something old is new again!



 The bowls with four hexagons required a square for the center...

.

...while the bowls with five hexagons needed a pentagon.



Either way, I think they turned out pretty cute!

These fabric bowls are available at Artspace Gallery (www.artspace-bloomsburg.com) or by contacting me directly.


No comments: