Wednesday, February 16, 2011

THE WHOLE KIT AND KABOODLE HANGS ON LOVE

The whole kit and kaboodle hangs on love. And according to my mother: trust and respect as well. Smart lady. Although this is a few days late, this is my Valentine's Day post. Hey, what can I do? I have twins! Yes, I have twins. Two beautiful, special, wonderful people who are in this world because they grew INSIDE of me! I'm still wrapping my head around that one. It's amazing! The whole process is fascinating to me. In college, the class thought I was strange when we had to paint a series and I chose reproduction. Everyone else picked all the expected things such as portraits, landscapes, and florals while I was banging (no pun intended) out pink eggs and blue sperm. I painted them alone, on the prowl, merging, and then evolving into a tiny person. Incredible! Now that I have been through the experience myself, I am naturally MORE amazed by the whole thing and surprisingly even less understanding of it. By that, I just mean that I am so in awe of it! I, of course, understand "the birds and the bees" aspect, I'm just intrigued by the miracle that took place and knowing that I played an integral role.
So with such a miracle having taken place, life ought to be all buttercups and sunshine, right? I suppose that outlook is a bit unrealistic, but then again, it was Valentine's Day this week. That day ought to have been out of this world. However, I guess there are some things you just can't fix with flowers and chocolates. Pie, maybe, but not expensive greeting cards filled with seemingly false sentiments. If Cupid hit me with his arrow this year, I only felt the sting as it pierced my skin. What is the old adage? Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me? Baloney Maloney. The whole kit and kaboodle hangs on love, and trust, and respect.

No comments: