Wednesday, January 6, 2010

RED VINTAGE STAR QUILT

I finally finished this red vintage star quilt. The quilt top was found by my Aunt in West Virginia and I fell in love with it as soon as I set eyes on it! I've had it for a number of years now, but have finally hand quilted it. I will eventually hang it in the green dining room as the wall color really sets off the quilt, but first it is going to the "Quilt in the Sky" Show at Bloomsburg's Columbia Mall January 25th through February 8th.

It has been absolutely amazing how my energy is zapped by the little babies in my belly! By the evening of every day, the last thing I can muster the energy to do is work in the studio. This is SOOO unusual for me and I am still getting used to the idea of putting my studio life somewhat on the back burner for awhile.

I have, however, had the energy to sit on the couch and hand quilt. Well, at least for an hour or so each night before my eyelids grow heavy. I have never gone to bed so early in all of my adult life. This, too, has taken a little getting used to. When the babies come, all of this will have been worth it! We found out today that one of the twins is a boy! A boy can still learn to quilt, right???

2 comments:

SandyQuilts said...

WOW wish I had found that quilt in my State.

Congrats on your twins ... how wonderful.

Mock Pie Studio said...

It certainly IS a treasure! (The babies AND the quilt!!!)