Wednesday, October 14, 2009

GRANDMOTHER'S FLOWER GARDEN

In the summer of 2007 we stayed with Ryan's parents while we were waiting to move into our house.


All my studio supplies were packed in storage and I figured I could handle a summer without sewing, but that only lasted about a week and a half!


I headed off to the fabric store and decided to make a hand pieced grandmother's flower garden. I chose colors for the quilt that I was planning to paint in the house: green dining room, yellow tv room, orange library, and white molding.


I finished all the piecing that summer and this year, I hand quilted it. It will shortly adorn the wall in the tv room.


They say that a great quilter can quilt something like 12 stitches to the inch. Pish Posh! My stitches are big 'n chunky and I love them! What do you think?

No comments: