Sunday, October 4, 2009

BITTERSWEET SALVAGE

Bittersweet. According to Merriam-Webster: pleasure alloyed with pain. I have been putting this project off for years, but am glad I finally started. I am creating mini-quilts from some of my Farmer Gram's clothing that I was fortunate enough to salvage after her passing. It nearly went off to the Sal-Val so I am very thankful to have rescued it. As I work with the material, memories come flooding back. Her scent lingers deep in the fibers. Yes, bittersweet.


Strip piecing scraps.


Finished individual blocks.


Blocks post trimming.


Mini quilt layouts on the design wall. Even though the individual fabrics are very different from one another, they still look great together.


At the end of the night...all finished.


Layered with batting, backing, and prepped for hand quilting.

To be continued...

No comments: