Friday, January 30, 2009

PRAY TO GOD, BUT ROW FOR SHORE

It has just been one of those weeks, you know? The bigger picture, however, is that it is the closing of one long chapter and the beginning of the next. So things will get better, right? Either way, this next chapter is chock full of ironing! Clothes, not quilts. Yuck! Last October, my husband learned that he would be losing his job at the end of the year. His company decided to close the facility located in our area. We only recently bought our house and I didn't want to hear that we would have to sell it, possibly relocate, that we would have to pack again, and that I would lose my studio space. I could only think "Pray to God, but row for shore." Well, Ryan did all the rowing. Today was the last day at his old job and his new one starts Monday. It'll be Groundhog Day! I picked up the "Groundhog Day" DVD today and told Ryan his life from now on would be like the movie. Every day he'll wake up and go to the new job....over and over and over again. And that will be just fine. I'll even do the ironing. We can keep the house.

No comments: