Sunday, January 11, 2009

CLIMB EVERY MOUNTAIN...BURY EVERY THREAD

"Climb every mountain, bury every thread, follow every rainbow, 'til you find your dream!"
So apt. I'm cooky, but it's like that scene in Moulin Rouge where Ewan breaks out into song, "The hills are alive with the sound of music with songs they have sung for a thousand years!" I thought I'd title the post simply "Bury Every Thread", but "Climb Every Mountain" was crowding in as well.
So this is how I've recently been spending my time. I free motion stitched an intricate design onto a quilt. It came out really well and I will reveal all in time. In the meantime, I had to bury each and every thread into the body of the quilt, front side and back. It took forever, but I ended up with...

Nice and clean, huh? Whenever I'm at work in the studio, I always have music playing. If you ever crept up on me, I'd probably be belting out something or another. I can't help it. "My heart wants to sing every song it hears." Oh, and speaking of music, I added a music feature to the bottom of the blog. Just scroll down and hit play to hear some of my favorite tunes.

No comments: