Sunday, November 2, 2008

SWEET, SWEET SWITCH PLATES

Fact:
I am psyched about the new Van Gogh switch plates in my studio!
Fact:
Each plate has a different Van Gogh painting of flowers in a vase. (Yep, I planned it that way!)

Fact:
Even though I'm not as seriously into painting as I am into fiber, some fruit loop of a guy used to call me Van Gogh.

Facts:
Van Gogh was extremely enthusiastic about religion and art. He suffered from epilepsy, exhaustion and depression. He drank absinthe, cut off part of his ear lobe, and ultimately committed suicide by shooting himself.

Fact:
Van Gogh said, "I am risking my life for my work, and half my reason is gone."

Fact:
Van Gogh also said, "It is only too true that a lot of artists are mentally ill - it's a life which, to put it mildly, makes one an outsider. I'm alright when I completely immerse myself in work, but I'll always remain half crazy."

Fact:
Van Gogh sold only one painting during his lifetime.

No comments: